tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Jun 02 05:08:53 1998

qep'a' vaghDIch - plan, prefinal schedule, and directions

                ***** qep'a' vaghDIch *****

The 5th Annual Meeting of the Klingon Language Institute

July 22nd thru 26th, 1998

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

THE PLAN:

o      Hotel Room (Wed. - Sat. nights)
o      Continental Breakfast (Thu. - Sun.)
o      Opening Banquet (Wed. evening)
o      Deli-style Lunch (Thu.)
o      Pizza Party (Fri. evening)
o      Closing Banquet (Wed. evening)
o      Registration

The package price for everything above includes all taxes and gratuities.

	Double Occupancy: $220 (per person)

	Single Occupancy: $370

However, time and space are both running out.  To secure these rates please
send in your check, money-order or VISA/MasterCard account # (and exp.
date) no later than June 20th.

Send your payment to:

      KLI qep'a' vaghDIch
      P.O. Box 634
      Flourtown, PA  19031

This year's conference will be held at:

	Comfort Inn
	3660 Street Road
	Bensalem, PA  19020

All reservations are being handled directly by the KLI.  Do not reserve
your room through the hotel.

If you are only able to attend part of this year's conference, wish to
handle your own lodging, or some combination, please contact Dr. Lawrence
M. Schoen by electronic mail ([email protected]) or by telephone
(215/836-4955) and we'll make the best attempt we can to pro-rate this
year's package plan for you.

Similarly, feel free to contact us if you have any other questions about
the qep'a' vaghDIch, or would like additional information concerning the
KLI

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

PRE-FINAL SCHEDULE:

Wednesday Evening
 Opening Banquet     6:00 pm
Practice those toasts and leave your table manners behind, it's time for
the annual banquet!

Thursday Morning
 Welcoming     10:00 am
The formal commencement of the conference as Captain Krankor leads the
assembled in song.

 ngoQmey     11:00 am
Each of us comes to the qep'a' with different goals in mind. What do you
hope to accomplish at this year's conference? To improve pronunciation? To
expand your use of verbal suffixes? To be able to simply chat in Klingon?
Share your goals, and we'll spend the next few days helping one another
achieve them.

Thursday Afternoon
 Deli Lunch     12:00 pm
Grab a beverage and step into the hotel lobby; lunch awaits. Practice
mealtime vocabulary and try not to spit too much.

 Pronunciation     1:30 am
Our annual review of the sounds of Klingon. A helpful way to start the
qep'a' for both novices and experts alike.

 pegh mu'     2:30 pm
You know the word, but can you convey it to your partner with one word clues?

 Dinner Break     4:30 pm
Can you say jabwI'?

Thursday Evening
 yIQuj     7:00 pm
After dinner, relax around the gaming tables. An assortment of diversions
will be provided, something for every taste.

Friday Morning
 mu'lIj yIwam     10:00 am
Start your morning with a mystery. We've taped a Klingon word to your back.
Asking only yes/no questions can you figure out what it is?

 Ask The Linguists     11:00 am
Our expert panel answers your questions, demystifying all those funny terms
and bits of jargon that can get in your way.

 Lunch Break     12:00 pm
Off to a nearbye Qe' for food and drink.

Friday Afternoon
 mu'qaD veS     2:30 pm
We'll break into groups and engage one another in the time honored
tradition of curse warfare!

 Story-Telling     3:30 pm
Gather around and listen to an epic tale in Klingon. At the story's end,
we'll again divide into small groups and write some new tales.

Friday Evening
 Pizza Party     5:00 pm
A qep'a' tradition: note the similarity between a slice of pizza and a
betleH. What's that? You've never heard of a pepperoni betleH?

 yIQujqa'     7:00 pm
poQ 'ar anyone?

Saturday Morning
 Wish List     10:00 am
Our last two lists were used extensively by Marc Okrand in his last book.
Time to brainstorm once again, so that we can wringe a bit more from matlh.

 Group Photo     11:00 am
A photographer will be on site to capture this historic event on film.
Order forms will be available.

 Lunch Break     12:00 pm
Being photographed is hungry work.  Once the photographer is done we head
out for lunch.

Saturday Afternoon
 qaDHom     2:30 pm
We'll hand you a single word or phrase. This is your topic. Now, clear your
mind, gather your thoughts, and talk to us about it for sixty seconds.

 Closing Banquet     5:00 pm
Our last night together, our last chance to share qagh and pass around the
blood wine.

Saturday Evening
 qep'a' Cabaret     7:00 pm
Share your "special" talent with the rest of us, entertain us with tales of
bravery, inspirational songs, displays of wit (as long as the punchline
isn't ghobe'! SuD).

Sunday Morning
 Final Gathering     10:00 am
The morning after the battle of the night before. We gather one last time
to say our farewells until next year.

 Hotel Checkout     11:00 am

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

DIRECTIONS:

I-95 TO HOTEL: Exit 25 - Street Road (132)

     Follow Street Road west, approximately 3 miles.  Pass the Philadelphia
Park Racetrack, stay in the left lane until you come to Kingston Way (there
will be a Holiday Inn and a Wawa convenience store on the right side and
"Buckaroo's" (a green building) on your far left.  The left turn lane is
marked with diagonal yellow striping.  Make a left at this light and a
right at the next street (Old Street Road).  Go approximately 900 feet till
you see the Comfort Inn sign.  Enter the back of the property and follow
the signs to the registration entrance at the front of the building.

     If you miss the left turn, go to the next light (Old Lincoln Hwy), and
make a "U" turn.  Come back till just past Michael's Cafe and enter the
driveway.  Follow the signs to the registration entrance.

Route 1 to Hotel

     From Route 1 North or South you want to take Street Road East (132
East) exit ramp.  As you come down the ramp, the hotel is directly on your
right hand side.  Turn in the driveway just past Michael's Cafe.  If you
come to the first traffic light on Street Road you have gone too far.  Turn
right on Kingston Way and right on Old Street Road.  Enter the parking lot
at the Comfort Inn sign and follow the signs to the registration entrance.

PA Turnpike (Route 276) to Hotel

     Exit the Turnpike at Exit 28.  After paying tolls take ROUTE 1 SOUTH.
>From Route 1 South use the directions listed above.

Back to archive top level