tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Aug 23 20:58:21 1998

Re: KLBC - mu'tlheghmey *random* vIchenmoH

tuv'el jang Qov:

>> > maj.  jejchugh tlhegh pe'ba'.  (Or is it /SIrgh/?  I don't
>remember.)
>> "Good.  It would obviously cut the string if it were sharp."
>>
>> /tlhegh/ "line, rope"  /SIrgh/ "string, thread, filament"
>
>Yes, I know.   But which is correct for a Klingon musical instrument?
>I would guess /tlhegh/ but these things aren't necessarily consistent
>from language to language.

The word {SIrgh} was introduced on KGT p.76, as part of the discussion
of {HurDagh}, stringed musical instruments: "Each string is a {SIrgh},
a word also used for any thread or filament."

-- ghunchu'wI'

Back to archive top level