tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Aug 23 20:58:34 1998

RE: KLBC - mu'tlheghmey *random* vIchenmoH

tuv'el jang Qov:
>> Sun Hutlhmo' ghaH vIra'pa' DoS Qaw'pu'.
>> "Because he lacks discipline, he has destroyed the target before I
>commanded
>> him."
> maj.

Hmm.  The different tenses of "has destroyed" and "commanded" sound
weird to me.  The English translation here isn't wrong as such, but
The only way I can get it all to fit together in my mind is to take
the "has" as applying to the whole "destroyed...before I commanded."
I would have chosen to keep all the tenses consistent, with either
"he had destroyed" and "I commanded", or "he has destroyed" and
"I command".

-- ghunchu'wI'

Back to archive top level