tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Aug 01 12:12:13 1998

Re: Exercises?

> Translate into Klingon:
>
> The brigadier is hungry.
ghung 'ech
> The night is dark.
Hurgh ram
> She exhausted him.
ghaH tlhuchta' ghaH
As thlIngan Hol does not differentiate between he/she, this could be any
combination of "He/She exhausted him/her." (??)
> I wait for you(singular).
qaloS
> We will defeat you(plural).
recheHtaH
> I am disgraced.
jIwebpu'
> They torture you and the lieutenant.
SoH Sogh je nIjoy'
> A woman is reading a journal.
QonoS laD be'
> Two men will be reading a label.
per lulaDtaH wa' loD
> I am the man of the eggs.
QIm loD jIH
> The pipyus was Paul.
Paul 'oH pIpyuS'e'pu'
> Drop your(singular) weapons!
nuHmey tIchagh SoH
Used the pronoun, as /tI-/ is used for both you (sing.) and you (plural).
> Yesterday, my troubles were apparently remote.
wa'Hu' Hoplaw'pu' jIH Sengmey
A guess, wasn't sure how to translate the concept that something had
happened at a specific time...
> The animal's nose is very long.
tIqqu' Ha'DIbaH ghIch
> We can go to the sea.
bIQ'a'Daq wIjaHlaH
Couldn't find a word for sea, so used /bIQ'a'/ (ocean)
> I saw the star swallow the planet.
yuQ ghuppu' Hov 'e' vIlegh
> We need to sit at the edge of the sea.
bIQ'a' HeH wIba'nIS
Same as above
> I am sad because the water is dirty.
lammo' bIQ jI'IQ
> The man who cannot see touched the large animal.
Ha'DIbaH tIn Hot leghbe' loD
> He says the animal resembles a rope.
tlhegh rur HaDIbaH 'e' jatlh ghaH
> A sharp mind is better than a sharp sword.
yab jej law' 'etlh jej puS

Kreth

Back to archive top level