tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Sep 11 04:58:44 1997

Re: KLBC: lo' Orkand *German slang* mu'mey tlhInganHolDaq ?

Lieven said:

> da Hiasl, did you know there is a German TKD?!
> It has the same size as the english version and looks like one of those
> Langenscheidt Dictionaries, but it has a big "K" on it.

But be aware that this German version has quite a lot of mistakes
in it. My pet example is the word {DaS}, a NOUN meaning "boot",
which is given in the German TKD as "entlassen, hinauswerfen", i.e.
as a VERB meaning "to give sb. the boots, to kick sb. out".
The grammar section isn't "clean" either, so I recommend you (da Hiasl,
as well as every native speaker of German) stick to the original if your
understanding of English permits.

HomDoq, a native speaker of German himself

Back to archive top level