tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Sep 08 21:53:53 1997

Re: KLBC: (Requiem) cha'DIch 'ay'

 lIHwI' - Introduction

 joH, SuvwI'pu' quvvaD ngeHbej roj yInob vaj chaH wovmoH qul boch
 Qo'noSDaq, SoHvaD cha'nob nob
 Qo'noSDaq batlh naDlIj lubom
 joHwI''e' lughoSqangbogh Hoch qa'pu', mu'meywIj tIQoy
 joH, SuvwI'pu' quvvaD ngeHbej roj yInob vaj chaH wovmoH qul boch

 jaw, HeSmeywIj yIlIj
 joH, HeSmeywIj yIlIj
 jaw, HeSmeywIj yIlIj

	(Secuentia)

> The best word here might be the new word {veb} be next.  Someone with better
> Latin want to help me here?

Let's forget for a while this inconvenient. Later we can find a good idea for it.

 qaStaHvIS may''a' jajmey DI moj qo' 'e' qon'chu' qun
 (The history recorded that the world will become dust during the days
 of great battles)

> I don't completely understand the reason for the {-chu'} here, but it is not
> ungrammatical.

	Because all the achievements of "spirits" will be written (in all details)
in the Book. This is the reason I used the sufix -chu'.

 jaj tu'lu'. jajvetlh chavmeywIj noHmeH nughoS joH
 (There will be a day. In that day the lord will come us in order to judge
 our achievments)

 qo'Daq qa'mey rI' ghoghmey chuS
 (The loudly sounds will hail the spirits in the realm)

 Hoch ghIj noHwI'. HeSmeychaj DIlmeH nargh Hoch qa'mey
 (The judge will scare ev'ryone. All spirits will appear in order to pay out
 their sins)

> DamughtaHvIS bIghojchugh vaj bIQapbej.

	There some ways to learn a language. Hearing and speaking all time,
enter in a school and had a teacher to instruct you, or you learn by yourself.
I had choosen the hard way and I think the best way to learn Klingon is translate
ev'rything. I could try to translate something easier, but I'm thinking about to compose a "Mass"
for 3 male voices, and Klingon sounds very nice.

Edy

Back to archive top level