tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Sep 07 22:03:31 1997

Re: KLBC:be'nI'HeywIj

[email protected] on behalf of William H. Martin wrote:
> Still, {martaq} is not in the word list at the end of KGT. He
> mentions the name in the body text, not the dictionary, so it is
> not inappropriate to note the word as a proper name, especially
> for beginners who may attempt to look up the name and not find
> it in the word list. SuStel is sensitive to this, having so
> recently been BG for such a long time.

Exactly.  In fact, I hate having to put asterisks around names.  It slows me
down and feels unnatural.  Also, I'll admit that I wasn't sure if {martaq} was
in KGT or not.  I really didn't want to scour the book for his name, and it IS
a KLBC message.  I figured that asterisks couldn't hurt.

I'm very consistent in using {}s for Klingon text for a very similar reason.
I hate having to do it, but I can't send rich text messages over the list.

--
SuStel
qoH vuvbe' SuStel

Back to archive top level