tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Sep 08 13:19:52 1997

Re: KLBC:be'nI'HeywIj

David Trimboli wrote:

> I'm very consistent in using {}s for Klingon text for a very similar reason.
> I hate having to do it, but I can't send rich text messages over the list.

I don't really mind using {} as a quotation marker for {tlhIngan Hol}
text when it's mixed in with English, like this sentence.  It clearly
distinguishes the Klingon from the English.  I also find myself using {}
to express quotations with verbs of saying, just to clearly label the
quote.  It's not necessary, but it is convenient.

I've also started using [] as a way to mark dialect and Paramount Hol in
my AKD entries for KGT.  While I haven't been 100% consistent with that,
I think I like it and I'll probably go back through the whole AKD and
fix things.  After all, it's often easier to type {} or [] than it is to
change fonts and typefaces on the fly.

--
Qob la' (tlh.w.D. quttaj ra'wI')       [email protected]
tlhIngan Hol yejHaD ghojwI'            http://www.frontiernet.net/~qob/

Back to archive top level