tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Sep 07 20:11:08 1997

Re: KLBC:be'nI'HeywIj

On Thu, 4 Sep 1997 20:11:18 -0700 (PDT)  Marian Schwartz
<[email protected]> wrote:

> ghItlh SuStel
> >jatlhDI' *martaq* Sa' ...
>
> Why put asterisks around {martaq}?  Okrand used the name in KGT.  In fact,
> he was making up proper names right and left; we also got "martaq",
> "ghIrIlqa'", "cheng", and a couple of others I forgot
> Qapla'
> qoror.

Still, {martaq} is not in the word list at the end of KGT. He
mentions the name in the body text, not the dictionary, so it is
not inappropriate to note the word as a proper name, especially
for beginners who may attempt to look up the name and not find
it in the word list. SuStel is sensitive to this, having so
recently been BG for such a long time.

charghwI'

Back to archive top level