tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Sep 03 15:10:23 1997

Re: Klingon Rapp.

/*Stardate 97675.1*/
/*Begin Tranmission*/

Date: Wed, 3 Sep 1997 12:30:24 -0700 (PDT) morgoth jatlh:

>Does anyone know of anyone who is doing it?
>
>It sounds interesting.
>
>One way to get to know the lingo.

Actually, this was one of the first ways I began testing my sentence
skills.  What I did (and still do occasionally) is make tlhIngan Hol
sentences that rhyme with the ones before and after, having some sort of
rhythm.  This could be considered a simplified version of Rapp Music.

What I discovered is, if you make rhyming English sentences into
tlhIngan Hol they stop rhyming; but if you rhyme Klingon sentences you
have a hard time making the English Translations fit.

This sounds like a good idea for <jatmey> if it really works out right.
The question then becomes, how do you distinguish the Klingon rapps with
the Klingon poems and prose?

bommey vIghItlh 'e' vIqeq.

P.S.
Is the Ode to Kahless (featured on KCD and DS9) a Klingon opera or a
Klingon rapp?

pItlh

*Dawut*
[email protected]