tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Sep 03 15:02:47 1997

Re: buy' ngop?

At 09:58 AM 8/12/97 -0700, SuStel wrote:

>I've just finished reading Klingon for the Galactic Traveler, and on page 82
>you'll find a bit which explains that multiple adjectival verbs on a noun is
>not allowed.  (Ah!  Vindication! :)  Okrand's formula for recasting this would
>be
>
>yoH SuvwI' 'ej matlh
>or
>yoHbogh SuvwI' 'ej matlhbogh

Right, but...

>Another way to do this is
>
>yoHbogh SuvwI' matlh
>or
>matlhbogh SuvwI' yoH

Actually, although I hope you are right, how did you arrive at this formula?
Only the first two formations are listed in the book ("X N 'ej Y" and
"X-bogh N 'ej Y-bogh"), I think.  Is there canon to support the
"X-bogh N Y" form?

>SuStel
>Beginners' Grammarian
>Stardate 97614.4