tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Sep 03 15:55:08 1997

KLBC: HeghvaD nol bom'a' (Requiem)

	I'm trying to translate into klingon, a "Requiem" the
"Great funebrial song for the dead". Above, only the "Introduction" (yet).
It's quite difficult to adapt the catholic myths and rituals to an alien culture,
but I think I can do it (with your help, of course).
	As there is no Jerusalen or Sion, I used their worlds: Qo'noS,
and qeylIS.  Any suggestion will be wellcome!

	lIHtaHghach      - 	"Introduction" (on-going introduce)

	joH, ngeHbej roj batlh SuvwI'pu'vaD tInob 'ej
	chaH wovchoH bochtaHghach qul
	Qo'noSDaq naDlIj batlh lubom
	qeylISDaq cha'nob lunob
	joHwI' yIghoSqangbogh Hoch qa'mey, mu'meywIj yIQoy
	joH, ngeHbej roj batlh SuvwI'pu'vaD tInob 'ej
	chaH wovchoH bochtaHghach qul

	Lord, give the cosmic peace to the honored warriors and
	the brightly fire will light them
	They sing with honor your commendation in Kronos
	They give you ritual gifts in Kahless
	my lord, for whom all spirits is willing to approach, hear my words
	Lord, give the cosmic peace to the honored warriors and
	the brightly fire will light them

	"Kyrie"

	Does we have a word for: Forgive (v) in sense of: "forgive us"

Back to archive top level