tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Oct 23 08:52:45 1997

RE: Klingon Scale/conmusics

Date:	Tue, 21 Oct 1997 17:56:12 -0200
Jatlh Eduardo:
Greeting!
I'm not sure if the Klingon scale has 9 tones.
In KGT: yu, bIm, 'egh,  loS, vagh, jav, Soch, chorgh, yu.  If the first note - yu  has the same name of the last, then we have 8 different tones. The first yu is the same of the last, but 1 octave above.
It looks like a dimish scale, but if we divide in 2 tetracords, we'll have lot of scales.
The Klingon Anthem is a very popular F minor scale and there isn't any dissonance in the song.  The Klingon's theme of Motion Picture / Final Frontier, idem. They changed the rythm  to 4/4 and 2/4 in some parts. Interesting and nice but not the notes are very "soundly" for our ears.
When in doubt, get it straight from the targhs mouth.

PLEASE ANYONE:  What company published the sheet music to the Final Frontier movie?

Back to archive top level