tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Oct 13 18:21:03 1997

Re: Requiem - Recordare/Confutatis/Lacrimosa

At 12:41 97-10-13 -0700, edy wrote:
}
}Qov wrote:
}
}> > What is the difference from: <Sam> and <nej> ?

[overkill explanation deleted]
}
}	Okay .. I got the idea.

Heh.  Often I over explain something to you because you bring up good
points, and I know others are listening.  I'm not trying to insult your
intelligence.

}	Ok.
}
}> For "join me into the black fleet" I suggest you say "cause me to
}> begin serving in the black fleet."  It's less awkward in Klingon,
}> even though it looks worse in English.  Use the suffix {-choH} for
}> "begin."
}
}	So, in this case something like:
} nIH DeSlIj HIDev 'ej qIjyo'Daq HItoy'moH
} (Lead me on your right side and let me serve in the Black Fleet)

maj. Bit of a problem with "on your right side."  You're making it more
complicated than need be.

{nIH} (side) + {-lIj} (your) + {-Daq} (on) --> {nIHlIjDaq} "on your right side"

No need to bring arms into it.

}> > nuchpu' tIpIch 'ej tay' yoHwI'pu' jIH je ghoDev
}> > (Blame the cowards and lead the brave ones and me together)
}>
}> That's not bad.  There's a problem that you have two verbs in one
}> clause, though.  {tay'} is not an adverb, it's a verb.  Try writing
}> it as "... lead the brave ones and me while we are together."
}
}	Humm ...   >:-\   ..  I did not like it.  Too confused! May be:
}
}nuchpu' tIpIch 'ej yoHwI'pu'Daq HIDevmoHtaH
}(Blame the cowards and lead me toward the braves)

Yes. Good recast.  But you don't need {-moH} here, now.  {HIDevmoHtaH} means
"keep causeing me to lead."  Try instead {HIDevtaH} "keep leading me"

}> Once again, a stative verb FOLLOWS the noun it modifies. {qeylIS quv}
}
}	I have to make a revision in my first verses. I copied and paste
}those ones .. that was the reason that I forgot and kept the stative verb
}before the noun. I'll use the painsticks ..

ghojwI' pov SoH.

}> It really doesn't make sence to make Hoch plural.  We don't say
}> "alls" in English, and I don't think you say "todoses" do you?
}
}	Do you have a portuguese dictionary??  :-))

ghobe', jIloytaH neH. :)

}don't say alls or todoses, but here, "todos" (all) has the sense of plural
}and we use the plural form for all verbs.

Daj.

}	Okay. My idea using "Hochmey" is ALL spirits of over all places as the
}exemple in TKD pg. 23.  Forgive all and absolutly all spirits. No one will be
}out of his forgiven.

Hmm. I understand, but I don't really think it works.  To get the idea of
"scattered all about" from a misused plural, you put {-mey} on the *singular*.

So {mang} - soldier
{negh} - soldiers
{mangmey} - soldiers everywhere
{*neghmey} - nonsense

And {*Hochmey} ould be in the same category as {*neghmey}.

}	I think {pIchHa'} (un-blame) very nice.

jIQochHa'. :)

}> I am tired.
}	jIDoy'
}
}> The big ship is blue.
}	SuD Duj tIn
}
}> The hungry spies like black coffee.
}	qa'vIn qIj parHa' ghoqwI'pu' ghung

{luparHa'} : multiple spies liking one thing.

}> A sharp knife is impressive.
}	Doj taj jej
}
}> We watch the shiny targets.
} 	ray' boch DIbej
}
}> The irritable captain scolds the lazy yeoman because of the dirty
}> floor.
}	rav lammo' ne' buD qun HoD bergh
}
}> The alien man is thirsty and cold water is wet.
}	'oj nov loD 'ej yIQ bIQ bIr

{'oj loD nov}

maj.  DaH Dayaj 'e' vISov.

Qov     [email protected]