tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Oct 12 11:52:24 1997

Re: This is all in English but please read on...

At 04:24 PM 10/11/97 -0700, you wrote:

>In short, some tiny US company is claiming patent on a very common
>approach to machine translation, and to any and all internationally
>used artificial languages. Here is the text of the patent, as I
>found it on soc.culture.esperanto:

I can't say that I fully understand the basis for their claim.  It sounds
to absurd to be true!  I guess that Viacom is not the only bully on the
playground.

>I suffer fools lightly, for they provide me with
>amusement. You, sirs, amuse me. Now that I know about
>Toltran and Travlan, and having suggested to the
>Travlan people an exceedingly simple solution to
>eschew your swinish threats, I shall give them every bit
>of cooperation to ensure that their product so outshines
>yours that... good-bye Toltran.

majQa'!!  qu'!!

>LISTEN YOU STUPID FUCKING IDIOT, YOU CAN SUCK
>MY ASS FOR ALL  I CARE YOU BENT SON OF A BITCH.
>YOUR LIFE MUST BE SO FUCKED.YOU LITTLE TWISTED SHIT.
>LIKE MY ENGLISH ! ASSHOLE.

QI'yaH!  That's pathetic!

>--------------------------end quote-----------------------------
>
>You can see the calibre, size, and level of the staff.
>Lawyers do not seem very particular about the
>clients that hire them. As I wrote to Toltran, I did
>suggest an exceedingly simple solution to the Travlan
>people (I am sure you can all guess what it is). I
>also suggested that they claim a patent there. As
>they distribute their translation software for free,
>no harm likely.
>
>However, I urge you all to ponder this matter very
>seriously. I, for one, am not in the mood to let
>this pass unchallenged.

yISuvtaH!!

SuSvaj

Back to archive top level