tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Oct 12 11:29:01 1997

Re: Klingon IRC Channels Accessed Successfully

|>I am still working on getting into the KLI Mush.  When I click on the
|>link at the KLI site, it opens a telnet connection in a small window
|>which cuts off the ends of sentences and doesn't display the text I type.
|
|Me too, before.  Here's what to do:  for the ends of sentences thing, just
|enlarge the window to its full size.  It still cuts off words and puts them
|on the next line, but it doesn't leave the letters out.
|As for the text you type, go to Preferences and turn on Local Echo and
|nothing else.  It works.  Of course, an annoyance you have to endure if you
|do that is that if you're typing something out and then someone says
|something, it just tacks it on to what you're typing and you have to go on
|as if nothing had happened.
|
|qoror

I access the MUSH via a Unix shell account (i.e. text only, no windows)
and had the same problem with the text scrolling off the right side of the
screen. Very annoying. Someone told me I had to find a MUD/MUSH client to
interact better with the MUSH. So I checked the MUDding newsgroups' FAQs
and found a site full of shareware clients. (Don't ask, I no longer have
the URL.) I found and easily installed TinyTalk and my problems were
solved. It's a little Unix program without many bells and whistles, but it
greatly improved my use and enjoyment of the MUSH. I'm sure with just a
little effort you can find a client written for your operating system.

Voragh

Back to archive top level