tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Oct 11 21:17:59 1997

Re: KLBC: practise

ja' muHwI':
>vIparHa' be'Hom 'IH ghaHmo'.

ja' Qov:
>Nghgh.  I couldn't understand this clearly in Klingon: I thought you
>were trying to say {be'Hom vIparHa' 'IHmo' ghaH}, then when I went to
>translate it I realized what you did.  It's supposed to say "I like
>her because she is a beautiful girl."  Now I'm not sure whether it's
>hard to parse, or it's just me.  I now understand you are talking
>about Imran.

bImobbe', Qov.  jIyajchu'pa' wejlogh vIlaDnIS jIH.

Putting the suffix {-mo'} on a pronoun is a bit confusing; is it a verb
suffix or a noun suffix?

Anytime an adjectival verb is used as the object of a "to be" sentence,
it seems a bit contrived anyway.  {'IH be'Hom} just sounds a lot better
to me than {be'Hom 'IH ghaH}.

-- ghunchu'wI'

Back to archive top level