tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Oct 08 04:52:38 1997

Re: KLBC: Requiem - Recordare/Confutatis/Lacrimosa

	Greetings Qov.

chonejlI'. maHvaD bIHeghta'. paghvaD bIHeghbe'ta'
(You were looking for me. You died for us. You didn't died for nothing)

	What is the difference from: <Sam> and <nej> ?

noHwI' quv, qaSpa' yoj jaj HeSmeywIj tIlIj
(Honored judge, forgive my sins before the judgment day)

jIDIv jIlujpu'mo'. QeylIS joHwI', HeSmeywIj tIlIj
(I am guilty because I'm failled. Kahless my Lord, forgive my sins)

pujwI' yemwI' joq DalIjpu'bogh, HIlIj
(you, wich had forgiven the weakers and sinners, forgive me)

chavmey quv vIghajbe' vaj qIchQo'
(I don't have great achievments, so, don't comdemn me)

nIH DeSlIj HIDev 'ej qIjyo' HImuv
(Lead me on your right side and join me into the Black Fleet)

More imperative prefixes and a couple of N5 suffixes needed.  How will
you say  "on" and "into"?

	Really don't know.  :(

nuchpu' tIpIch 'ej tay' yoHwI'pu'  jIH je ghoDev
(Blame the cowards and lead the brave ones and me together)

qa'wI' yIQorgh Daqoy'meH
(I beg you to take care my spirit)

	I don't know if this way is better.

yoj jaj tu'lu'. jajvetlh Hoch qa' DanoHmeH bIghoS
(Thre will be a judgment day. In that day you will come in order to judge
all spirits)

Hochmey tIlIj quv QeylIS joHwI'. chaHvaD ngeHbej roj yInob. Qapla'
(Forgive them all, Kahless my lord. Give them the cosmic peace. Amen)

{Hoch} is gramatically singular, plus the problem of using {lIj} in
reference to a person instead of an act recurs.  Perhaps {laj} for this meaning.

	{laj} ???
	To say [forgive them ALL], it means, ALL spirits (with no exception),
can I use Hochmey (all over all places)?

toH.  laHlIj DaDubtaH.

	jIDub'eghtaH

MUSHDaq Dughoj'a' ghunchu'wI' pagh nIteb bIHaDqu'?

It's a very interesting point here. We talk each other for few minutes, but
it was very good (for me). He showed me how to build a phrase using
the appropriate words. May be he doesn't know that, but it helped me a lot
when I was translating my manuscripts.
	Sometimes we don't notice how we help someone only saying
some words.

Back to archive top level