tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Oct 07 08:56:07 1997

Re: KLBC

At 21:26 97-10-03 -0700, you wrote:
}Can someone tell me what Clarrissa and JoAnn Would Be in Klingon ?

*Clarissa* and *JoAnn*.  If you tell me what these names mean in English, I
might be able to help you translate that, but I can't say the result would
be a good Klingon name. The reason names on Earth have equivalets in other
languages is that we share some cultural references and history.  We don't
have that in Klingon.  See also the FAQ at
http://labs.thomtech.com/~dspeers/klingon/faq.htm (or is it html?  I still
don't have a macro for that).  There is a section on names.

Qov     [email protected]
Beginners' Grammarian

Back to archive top level