tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Oct 06 12:17:38 1997

RE: KLBC

 jatlh Qov:
It came out fine on my system.  The problem was 'smart quotes.'  I add to my list of recommendations to tlhIngan Hol optimize your system.
1.	Use a non-proportional, serif font e.g. Courier
2.	Turn off smart quotes, auto capitalization and auto spelling correctors
3.	In MS Word 7 turn off the feature that underlines suspected spelling errors, because it will get confused when the memory buffer fills up from too many Qaghqoqmey.

Unless: you build a "personal" dictionary of tlhIngan Hol mu'mey.

Here is how:
Go to your "Tools" menu on the toolbar above. Go down to "Options". Look for the "Spelling&Grammer" tab, and choose it. Select the "Dictionaries" button. Add a "New" "Custom" dictionary. Name this "tlhIngan.DIC". Use this dictionary when reading and editing mail from this mailing list.

Important: Be sure to only add correct tlhIngan Hol mu'mey (Klingon words) as you begin the process. Use your TKD/KGT books during this early phase. You have been doing it anyway, but this will help your spelling, after learning the words.

After a while you will be able to put down the TKD (the Klingon Dictionary). Eventually (it took me over a month of daily entries) you will have a dictionary that will overlook tlhIngan Hol, and point out Hivqa' velargh!

The grammar will still be up to you. Smart quotes should still be turned off, if you are not going to edit the text.

woQ 'oH Sov'e'!

qapla',  valwI'na'
nuqneH,  vISaH'a' nuqjatlh? "{{:-)/*/
{What, me worry?}

PS: This ability applies to those using Word 6-7, or cc:Mail E-mail {jabbI'Dmey} engines only.

Back to archive top level