tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Oct 06 12:46:44 1997

Re: About telnet, the MUSH and ICQ/UIN

On  6 Oct 97 at 5:28, Alan Anderson wrote:

> >Why not all get a Universal Internet Number and chat "privately"
> >via the ICQ server?
>
> ICQ lulo'laHbe' nuv law'.  "Macintosh"-vaD "Linux"-vaD joq Qapbe'
> ICQ. "Macintosh" vIlo' jIH. yap'a' meqvam?

I though there were also ICQ clients for other OS'es. But I must
confess that I didn't look into that, since I use Win95 myself, and
WinNT at work, so personally I don't need a version of ICQ for
another OS.

And as far as the online Klingon classes are concerned, I sort of
mentioned this as a joke. There's nothing wrong with the MUSH for
that, isn't it? Why split the whole groups up into little groups on
the MUSH, IRC, ICQ, all kinds of web based chat rooms and who knows
what else?

But I did mean my suggestion about adding UIN's to my name list
(I've add mine already). Then Klingonist that do use ICQ can
potentially find out if other Klingonists are online and chat with
them "locally" (not in a global, KLI related, class setting).

Jarno Peschier, computer science student, Utrecht University
   mailto:[email protected]    http://jarno.home.ml.org/
    'avwI' nejDI' narghta'bogh qama' reH 'avwI' Sambej

Back to archive top level