tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Oct 04 05:47:19 1997

Re: jIghojtaH

On  3 Oct 97 at 19:17, Pam Stutzman wrote:

> Qov, thanks for the explanations, corrections, and encouragement! :)
> I hope one of these days I can understand Klingon so well.  qaHo'

tlhIngan Hol wIqIHDI' pagh wISovbe'ba'...
yIghoj! yIqeq! yIDub'egh!

> peSHIr, please do add me to your list.  chochellaH

"Yes, of course I can add you. I knew that already. In fact,
that's why I asked if you wanted to be added."

Perhaps you did not understand my above reply immediately, but the
suffix -laH means "can" in the sense of "being able". It's not the
same as when you say "You can add me" in English. In fact, you are
saying something like "I do not mind if you add me" and not "You are
able to add me". You said the latter in Klingon, while you probably
meant something like "pongwIj Dachel 'e' vIlaj" or even the much more
Klingon sounding "HIja', pongwIj yIchel!".

> My e-mail
> address will soon change though because I'm moving. I won't have
> internet access for the second half of October, however, November
> 1st, I will be posting here again and will have my new e-mail
> address. Thankyou.

That's no problem. I'll just add you without email address for now.
Just mail me when you have your new address and I'll change your
entry in the list immediately.

Qapla'
peSHIr

Jarno Peschier, computer science student, Utrecht University
   mailto:[email protected]    http://jarno.home.ml.org/
    'avwI' nejDI' narghta'bogh qama' reH 'avwI' Sambej

Back to archive top level