tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Oct 04 06:48:21 1997

Re: KLBC: Bermuda

 In looking back to what I did last night it was done from memory and in a
rush I'd like to try a had at correcting my own mistakes.... that is if
nobody objects.....

> Bermudian cha'DIch!!!!       -     a second Bermudian!!!!
            I din't really see anything wrong here or could I have put wa'
there to note the 'a second' part? or would it have been more proper with
<<wa' Bermudian 'ach vItaHbe'>> would I put -lu' on the verb as I'm not sure
of who they are? I'm trying to convey the idea of another Bermudian.....

>SoH qalegh 'e' vIbel!!!!!      -     I'm pleased to see you!!!!!!
            I thought this was straight forward but I could be
mistaken........

>Bermudian jIH!!!                       -     I'm Bermudian!!!!!
            I figure I could have made this <<Bermudian jIH je>>   - I am
Bermudian also.... just to make it more colorful but I wasn't sure in my
rush last night if <<je>> at the end of a sentence was context as also......
(didn't have my dictionary)

>maqIHnIS SoH jIH je'!!!!      -     you and I must meet!
                I cringed at the error at the end of this when I read it
this morning..... drop the ' right guys.... yeah yeah I know...... silly me
I don't know what I was thinking there

>De' tlha' 'e' yIqaw......           -     remember the following
information
            Now here I was thinking perhaps I should have made this <<De'
tlha'taH 'e' yIqaw>> after all it will always be following it right?? or am
I wrong? could I have dropped the <<'e'>> and used <<tlha'taH>> as an
adjective?

>jabbI'ID HIghItlh vIneH       -    I want you to write me email
            Short, sweet, and very tlhIngan I thought..... I remember what
Lisa and the others tought me on the MUSH about being direct and I hope this
it a good example... or I'm going to feel rather silly... so can you guys
give me the low-down on how I did? Thanks again......

DaQ'qan
qIb lenglI' tlhIngan Qup

Back to archive top level