tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Oct 03 00:43:14 1997

Re: KLBC

At 08:20 97-10-02 -0700, you wrote:
}On 30 Sep 97 at 8:15, Brenda weemes wrote:
}
}>  lojmIt yipo sma HD (Open the Door) and yI�el (come In).
}>  Kha�mah gegh Neng Do �a� ! (My heart and Soul is yours )
}
}Mmm, I don't know what changes you made to your system configuration,
}but now every ' character comes out as the ligature of A and E
}together here. Very difficult to read, actually.

It came out fine on my system.  The problem was 'smart quotes.'  I add to my
list of recommendations to tlhIngan Hol optimize your system.

1. Use a non-proportional, serif font e.g. Courier
2. Turn off smart quotes, auto capitalization and auto spelling correctors
3. In MS Word 7 turn off the feature that underlines suspected spelling
errors, because it will get confused when the memory buffer fills up from
too many Qaghqoqmey.

Qov     [email protected]
Beginners' Grammarian

Back to archive top level