tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Oct 03 00:43:12 1997

Re: KLBC [M'Sala]

At 06:56 97-10-02 -0700, qoror wrote:
}ghItlh Qov
}>You don't need to make {Hoch} plural, anymore than you should say
}>"everyones"  It's already plural.  Make sure you shift for the
}>capital {H}, too.
}
}This is something I've always been wondering about.  By itself, is {Hoch}
}singular or plural?  Would "everyone eats gagh" be {qagh Sop Hoch} or {qagh
}luSop Hoch}?

Klingon collective nouns and irregualar plurals tend to be treated as
grammatically singular, and we have the example of {may' ngeb tIv Hoch} from
the curse warfare scene on one of the tapes.  Treat Hoch as grammatically
singular.

Qov     [email protected]
Beginners' Grammarian

Back to archive top level