tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Oct 01 19:03:56 1997

Re: KLBC: Conversational Klingon

At 13:27 97-10-01 -0700, Edy wrote:

}I don't know where I can get a good copy of "Conversational Klingon", so
}had translated it sometime ago. SuStel corrected some words but there is
}other ones I'm not sure about. Anyway, I think it's a good chance for the
}people who has the tape but don't have the text.

va.  tawIj vISamlaHbe'.  chaq mu'mey vIqaw. 'ach tlhIHvaD Hoch mu'mey
vI'angbe' vIneH.

For most people the tapes are the ONLY opportunity to hear proper spoken
Klingon.  The ONLY opportunity to see if you can understand what is being said.
I don't want to wreck it.  The opening dialogue you posted needs a fair
amount of work: use context to figure out what ambiguous sounds are.
They're on a ship, under attack, and something is wrong.

ghuy'cha'.  Qu'vam vIta'nIS'a'?  yISap, vay'.  vIneHbe'qu'.  ghItlh qar
ghaj'a' vay'?  qaStaHvIS jaj puS jIloS.

Qov     [email protected]
Beginners' Grammarian

Back to archive top level