tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Oct 04 18:53:50 1997

Re: KLBC: Conversational Klingon

On Wed, 1 Oct 1997 13:34:58 -0700 (PDT)  Eduardo Fonseca
<[email protected]> wrote:

> 	Greetings Qov!
>
> I don't know where I can get a good copy of "Conversational Klingon", so
> had translated it sometime ago. SuStel corrected some words but there is
> other ones I'm not sure about. Anyway, I think it's a good chance for the
> people who has the tape but don't have the text...
> __
> Eduardo Fonseca  ||  Belo Horizonte - Brasil
> Pau Brasil: The brazilian' VGA Planets Home Page
> http://www.Geocities..com/BourbonStreet/2460
> QaghmeylIj tIchID, yIyoH. Hovmey DIvan

When I got my Bird of Prey Holodome (like one of those glass
spheres with the winter scene you shake and see it snow, except
it is a Bird of Prey with a sound chip so you punch the button
and it plays the intro to CK on it) I also got a card that gave
the text and translation for this otherwise untranslated canon.
It goes like this (with my comments in parenthesis):

The introduction was translated into English for the Klingon
Bird-of-prey Lighted Musical Star Globe Halodome.

tujqu'choH QuQ [The engine is overheating. (example on page 170)]
nughoS jagh [The enemy is approaching.]
chay' jura' [What are your orders (example on p. 170)]
Qu'vatlh! batlh maHegh [!@#$%! We will die with honor!]
cha yIghuS [Get the torpedoes ready. (ST1)]
So'wI' yIchu'Ha' [Deactivate the cloaking device! (ST3)]
baH [Fire! (ST1, ST3, TKD 7.1, page 72)]
[End of Halodome translation]
bIjeghbe'chugh vaj bIHegh [Surrender or die! (TKD page 170)]
tlhIngan maH [We are Klingons.]

charghwI'

Back to archive top level