tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Nov 28 16:28:54 1997

Re: batleth (sp?)

<< On Thu, 27 Nov 1997 [email protected] wrote:

 > I am a beginner at tlhIngan Hol and even I know betleH is a hand weapon
and
 > not the "sword of honor" known as a batlh'etlh.

 Now, beginner, tell me the difference between the "hand weapon" and the
 "sword of honor". >>
Lt (j.g.) Jeroen Vantroyen
Chief Engineer, USS Belgica, NCC 72301

E-mail   : [email protected]
Homepage : http://inf4serv.rug.ac.be/~jvtroyen/

You dare challange me, tera'ngan petaQ !

(Voragh)[email protected] (Steven Boozer) wrote:

>I think you're confusing the bat'leth - the longer, two-handed crescent
shaped sword (betleH in 24th century Klingon, derived ultimately from
Kahless' original "batlh 'etlh") - with the mek'leth (meqleH): the shorter,
one-handed weapon with the curved blade Worf favors lately. We last saw a
mek'leth in last week's Deep Space Nine episode "Resurrection" when mirror
Bareil used it to cut up the desert during a dinner party in Worf &
Jadzia's quarters.<

I am not sure I agree with him . . . but I shall let it stand for now.

QatanI

Back to archive top level