tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Nov 28 14:12:03 1997

Re: fractions ?

|ja' Voragh:
|>	cha'maH vagh vatlhvI' Hong QIt yIghoS!  (ST5)
|>	(lit. "25 percent impulse power - proceed slowly!")
|>You'll notice that the Klingon doesn't translate the English subtitle
|>exactly (which is common in the movies), thus he avoided having to deal
|>with "slow down".
|
|Why would he have to avoid it?  {chungHa'} works for me.

|-- ghunchu'wI'

True enough, but my point was that Okrand still avoided the issue
nonetheless. Not that it matters; it's redundant information, in fact. If
you're travelling at warp speed and your captain tells you he wants to
proceed at 1/4 impulse, you have no choice but to decelerate to sublight.

Voragh

Back to archive top level