tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Nov 28 10:35:57 1997

Re: [proposal] translation for directions.

ja' DloraH:
>>>north  pagh
>>>east   HutmaH
>>>south  wa' chorghmaH
>>>west   cha' SochmaH
>>>
>>>yes, I left off the -vatlh...
>We don't know if Klingons would clip numbers like this?  How about the
>stardates on the Skybox cards?  They're clipped there!

They aren't "clipped" the way you did it.  They're just given as a sequence
of numbers.

We do have a canon example of a course, however, from ST5:

  {He pagh pagh pagh DoD cha' yInab} or something like that.

The numbers are given without the number-forming suffixes, similarly to the
year identifiers on the Skybox cards.  So I'm quite willing to understand
{He pagh pagh pagh} as a northbound course, and {He pagh Hut pagh} as east,
etc.  Maybe on Qo'noS there's a "native" coordinate system, but here on
tera', I plan to use the local customs.

-- ghunchu'wI'

Back to archive top level