tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Nov 27 18:17:49 1997

Re: [proposal] translation for directions.

At 17:38 97-11-27 -0800, DloraH wrote:
}>> To indicate a distance in kellicams, just add it to the end.
}>> wa' vI' vagh qelI'qam
}>> wa'vatlh vaghmaH vatlhvI' qelI'qam
}>
}>Am I missing canon for this, or am I just being paranoid about possible
}>weirdness in using differnt sorts of numbers?  I know {cha' qelI'qam} is
}>"two kilometres" and {qelI'qam cha'DIch} is "the second kilometre" ... where
}>is the use of percentages and decimals attested?
}
}wa' qelI'qam  -  one kelicam
}cha' qelI'qam -  two kelicams
}
}half way inbetween is 1.5
}wa' qelI'qam
}wa' vI' vagh qelI'qam
}cha' qelI'qam
}
}I'd say numbers with decimals are still numbers and go in front of the noun.
}
}But I do agree with the problem of percentages.  IMHO percentages would go
}after the noun.

I'd say they went there, too.  I was looking for canon examples.

Qov     [email protected]
Beginners' Grammarian

Back to archive top level