tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Nov 27 17:36:23 1997

Re: [proposal] translation for directions.

>> To indicate a distance in kellicams, just add it to the end.
>> wa' vI' vagh qelI'qam
>> wa'vatlh vaghmaH vatlhvI' qelI'qam
>
>Am I missing canon for this, or am I just being paranoid about possible
>weirdness in using differnt sorts of numbers?  I know {cha' qelI'qam} is
>"two kilometres" and {qelI'qam cha'DIch} is "the second kilometre" ... where
>is the use of percentages and decimals attested?

wa' qelI'qam  -  one kelicam
cha' qelI'qam -  two kelicams

half way inbetween is 1.5
wa' qelI'qam
wa' vI' vagh qelI'qam
cha' qelI'qam

I'd say numbers with decimals are still numbers and go in front of the noun.

But I do agree with the problem of percentages.  IMHO percentages would go
after the noun.

DloraH

Back to archive top level