tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Nov 27 21:19:27 1997

fractions ?

|DloraH wrote:
|}>Am I missing canon for this, or am I just being paranoid about possible
|}>weirdness in using differnt sorts of numbers?  I know {cha' qelI'qam} is
|}>"two kilometres" and {qelI'qam cha'DIch} is "the second kilometre" ...
|}>where is the use of percentages and decimals attested?
|}
|}But I do agree with the problem of percentages.  IMHO percentages would go
|}after the noun.
|
|I'd say they went there, too.  I was looking for canon examples.
|
|Qov

{vatlhvI'} is attested just once:

	cha'maH vagh vatlhvI' Hong QIt yIghoS  (ST5)
	Slow to one quarter impulse power.
	("25 percent impulse power - proceed slowly!")

{vatlhvI'} comes *before* the noun -- actually before the other noun.
"Percent" is a noun (n) in Klingon, not a number (num). This usage is the
reverse of the usual "noun1 noun2" possessive phrase.  Go figure.

Voragh

Back to archive top level