tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Nov 27 11:59:26 1997

Re: north, south, east, west and distances

At 03:56 97-11-27 -0800, AA wrote:
}  Someone wanted this translating:-
}> The dogs are hiding about 2 kilometers to the south of here.
}> Here, dogs is used as an insult describing the enemy. I also want to
}> portray that the enemy is a coward. ...
}
}  Are these OK?:-
}  Daqvam <south> wa' qelI'qam qarbe'Daq So' nuchpu' Ha'DIbaHmey
}  Daqvam He 180 wa' qelI'qam qarbe'Daq So' nuchpu' Ha'DIbaHmey
}  "The animal cowards hide at an inaccurate 1 kellicam of the course-180 of
}this place"

It seems to lack some syntactic glue.  It appears that they are hiding in
the qelI'qam.  The words in the line up of words before the {-Daq} don't
have a clear enough relationship to one another for me to understand this.

Qov     [email protected]
Beginners' Grammarian

Back to archive top level