tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Nov 19 23:06:48 1997

Re: DOW (was Re: KLBC introducing myself)

On 16 Nov 97 at 14:14, Neal Schermerhorn wrote:

> I find it terrible that the KLI, which boasts the most fluent
> Klingon speakers in the universe and has played such an important
> role in popularizing the language, is never asked to provide advice
> on these publications. If I spoke German I would have 'beta-tested'
> the book for free. I know that some others here would have as well.

I would. And I speak German.

> If it were legal, I'd suggest we create our OWN international
> editions of TKD - of course, it is at worst illegal to do so, and at
> best questionable enough to tempt an expensive lawsuit. But are
> there legal grounds for the KLI to produce  "recommended" translated
> editions of KLI for submission to Paramount for their publication?
> Perhaps in exchange for a mention of our efforts in Klingon texts we
> were to participate in, or at least the printing of 11 characters
> (www.kli.org)?

This sounds like a great idea! Does anyone have any idea on how we
might go about taking steps in this direction? What people exactly
(at Paramount or not) to ask about this?

> Does anyone agree with me?

I suspect every one this list that's at least a tiny bit
(semi-)serious about tlhIngan Hol is...

Jarno Peschier, computer science student, Utrecht University
   mailto:[email protected]    http://jarno.home.ml.org/
    'avwI' nejDI' narghta'bogh qama' reH 'avwI' Sambej

Back to archive top level