tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Nov 17 15:22:10 1997

Re: Klingon to English autotranslation

On Wed, 12 Nov 1997, Anthony.Appleyard wrote:

> I wrote an EMACS-type text editor called AAEMACS (running under MSDOS) that I
> use for most file editing including email. After I wrote my Klingon to English
> translater, I attached a copy of the translater as a clip-on to AAEMACS as a
> function `kltrans' (callable by click-both-mouse-buttons-at-once), which looks
> for a Klingon word around where the cursor is and puts a translation of it
> into a file display window called T$KLING.

This prompted me to do a similar thing with my Unix mods of d'Armond's
pojwI'.  Basically I added a perl front-end taking stdin from a pipe, and
passing it a line a time to like so:
	xklin -k "pa'Daq tlhIngan Hol"

(filtering out the extraneous output).

Very handy and easy to do....

[The nay-sayers may now commence to decry the evils of using such tools]

	Joel.  (merely a ghunwI')

** joel anderson * [email protected] * [email protected]   **
****   Hegh tI, 'ej ngab tI naH, 'ach reH taHtaH joH'a'ma' mu'****
**"The grass withers, and the flowers fade, but the word of our **
** God stands forever." Isaiah 40.8 NLT** http://umn.edu/~joela **
**http://members.aol.com/JPKlingon/uta: The Universal Translator**

Back to archive top level