tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Nov 14 17:51:09 1997

Re: peDtaH 'ej jIQuch

ja' charghwI':
>jIQoch. vay' tlhuHmoH ghu'. ghu'mo' tlhuHlu'.
>
>"It caused him to be afraid." 'e' Daqaw'a'? "It causes one to be
>exhillerated." 'e' DaHar'a'? tlhuHmoHlu', qar'a'?

We lack immediately understandable words for "subject" and "object", so
I'll give my grammatical justification in English.

I intend {tlhuHmoH} to mean "it exhilarates" with no object.  Not merely
an indefinite one, but none at all.  The subject is supposed to be "it",
referring to the previously elucidated situation.

>chaq jImuj. jISovchu'be'.

qechwIjvaD bImuj.  qechwIj DaSovchu'be'pu' neH.

-- ghunchu'wI'

Back to archive top level