tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Nov 14 18:25:04 1997

Re: 'ej apostrophe-mey joy'qa' jabbI'ID ngeHwI'mey

ja' "Anthony.Appleyard" <[email protected]>:
>  ja' charghwI': "HaSta jIHwIjDaq <'>mey Hutlhpu' lut."
>  jang ghunchu'wI': "HaSta jIHwIjDaq <'>mey Hutlhbe'pu' lut, 'ach <accented e>
><accented i> je rur Deghvam."

You're misquoting.  Neither of us mentioned the situation being complete.
Watch how you use those {-pu'} suffixes, okay?

>  DOS-vaD PMAIL 'oH jabbI'ID raQwI''e'.

"As for the data-transmission's thing which manipulates by hand,
it is PMAIL for the benefit of DOS."
nuqjatlh?  yoy'law' mu'tlheghvam, 'ej Hujbej <raQwI'>.

I really don't like putting nouns with type 5 suffixes other than {-Daq}
before a pronoun used as a verb.  Even if it can be interpreted to make
some sort of grammatical sense, it feels extremely contrived.

Actually, this whole sentence looks like a direct translation from
"The email handler is PMAIL for DOS."  Ugh.

jabbI'IDwIj'e' vu' Mac Eudora.

-- ghunchu'wI'

Back to archive top level