tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Nov 06 06:54:32 1997

RE: plans

>[email protected] on behalf of David Crowell wrote:
>[other examples cut]
>> Huch nge'bogh ghot Sovbe' Human 'ach Huch nge' 'Iv 'e' Sov Human.
>> Paris doesn't know the one who took the money but Paris knows who took
>> the money.
>
>Is there a difference in *meaning* between these two sentences?  I cannot
>detect any, beyond the possible number of theives in each one.

I think that there should be.  I don't have TKD here and so can't determine
what is being said in the tlhIngan, but in the English, the disctinction
as *I* see them are a) Paris knows the identity of the man who took the
money and b) Paris is acquainted with the man who took the money.

tevram
[email protected]

Back to archive top level