tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Nov 06 06:15:57 1997

Elementary school class in Constructed Languages

At my daughter's elementary school I'm teaching an after school enrichment
class about constructed languages.  This is a revision of a class I did
last year that was only about Klingon.  For fun (and because last year I
never got around to sharing the class materials with people who asked for
them) I'm putting the materials together as web pages.  So far just the
first week is online, but as each class progresses I'll fill the web page
link below.  Next week I'll present Hello/Goodbye/Hunh? from the
"Traveler's Phrasebook", as well as some games using Klingon number words.
The next two weeks will present some simple Klingon vocabulary and grammar
with translation exercises.  The last week we'll play with a language
we'll make up together - primarily a relexification language.

Linkname: The Languages of the Stars: Constructed Languages in Fact, and Science Fiction
The Languages of the Stars:

                   Constructed Languages in Fact, and Science Fiction
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
                            This November and December, I'll be teaching a five week class on
                              Constructed languages at Saint Anthony Park Elementary School.
             Here is the outline, and as I prepare and teach, the class materials themselves.

 *Why Make Up Languages?
 *What Constructed Languages are There?
 *Klingon 1
 *Klingon 2
 *Making Up Our Own - How do I make up a Language?

** joel anderson * [email protected] * http://umn.edu/~joela **
    *** QI'tu' Holmey ghot Holmey je vIlo'chugh, ***
 *** 'ach parmaq  vIghajbe'chugh, vaj jIchuSchoHqu' ***
  *** [email protected]   ****  [email protected] ***

Back to archive top level