tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue May 20 11:15:44 1997

KLBC: Es Mortuii Salutatem

I was going through the archives for the Addams' Family Motto and found
Capt.Krankor's note about -bogh verbs. His examples were:

maHeghrupbogh maH --or-- maHeghrupbogh
"we who are prepared to die"

This is quite close to the old gladiator's salute to the Emporer of Rome
before combat:
    "We who are about to die salute you!"

So, in Klingon:

tlhIH van maHeghrupbogh      We who are ready to die salute you!

or, if I'm close (not real sure of 'you' as an independent object), a
battle cry:

tlhIH van jIHeghrupbogh!     I, who is prepared to die, salute you!

Back to archive top level