tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri May 23 01:54:49 1997

Re: paqmaj Qaw' <Paramount> luneH jay'

On Thu, 22 May 1997 [email protected] wrote:

>   The aspect of the Paramount 'crusade' is that they themselves are doing
> *Nothing* with the language.  In all the time since TKD has come out they
> have put out 2 tapes, and one other book.  Not to mention the *dead wrong*
> use of the language on the shows!  Perhaps, if thay were doing *anything*
> thay would have less trouble preventing the use of the language by us (but i
> dout it).  Pacific Warriors, hang in there!  We are all behind ya!

I woiuld have to agree with this 100% If Paramount truly want to support
their "ownership" (loosely phrased) of tlhIngan Hol, they should make damn
well use of it. TKD (the bible of all that is Klingon), the two tapes and
the other book... whatever the latter is, are all that they have produced
from all that the language has to offer. If they really want to support
the fact that they are the perfect beneficiaries for it, the very least
they can do is to get their act together and actually use true to life
Klingon on the shows. After all no sense in having a chimpanzee randomly
typing away at a Klingon typewriter to write their dialogue for the shows,
despite the old adage linking typing chimpanzees and Shakespeare...

We seem to have more knowledge in Klingon than any of them in Paramount
(barring any of us working there who know Klingon like our own native
tongues :) )

All I can say is Go Pacific Warriors! We're behind you 100%

Q'ISto'va
Eliseo Christopher d'Annunzio, Esquire
E-Mail: [email protected]
Stardate: 97390.46