tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Mar 28 15:30:15 1997

Re: KLBC: Rules for LaserQuest

ghItlh Banzai
>Hi,

Every Wednesday for the past four or five months, by friend and I have been
playing LaserQuest (for those of you who don't know, it's one of those
"laser tag" type games).  Before they will let you play, players are
required to recite the rules (read "disclaimers") of the game.  We thought
it would be fun to translate these rules into tlhIngan Hol, so they are
submitted for any possible corrections.  I provide an English rules with
the thlIngan Hol version.  Do you think the tlhIngan Hol versions come
close to the spirit of the English ones?

jIqetbe'.
  (I will not run.)<

Yes, with no aspect suffixes future -is- a possibility, but when the futureish
verb is negated, there's the useful suffix "-Qo'." When used with a
non-imperative prefix.  So:

jIqetQo'.
 (I won't run)

You can do that with all the other "will nots."  --qoror

Back to archive top level