tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Mar 26 11:04:29 1997

Re: Dax & nuq Hech jIH

SuStel wrote:
> Actually, I imagine that Riker read his version of TKD and misunderstood
> (again, my opinion) the word {nuqneH} the way most people do at first.

Watch the scene again.  I remember seeing all that and being terribly impressed
that nuqneH had been used correctly.  K'Ehleyr has just arrived on the ship.
Nobody knows what she's really doing there.  Before she has a chance to speak
Riker welcomes her in Klingon.  I don't remember exactly what he said, but it
was something like, "You have arrived on the Starship Enterprise.  What do you
want?!"  I thought it was exactly the way a Klingon would use nuqneH (if not the
way they would pronounce it).

janSIy

Back to archive top level