tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Mar 25 20:34:12 1997

Re: KLBC: Re: qoSwij

jatlh ghunchu'wI':
> Sam Gyseman ([email protected]) tlhIngan pong 'oH <Qo'neS>'e'.

Oh.  I see!  Didn't realize it was a name, so the sentence made no
sense.  Hey, I'm just happy that I didn't have to consult TKD to
translate this reply!

> One of my favorite tools for recasting sentences involves turning them
> upside down and backwards simultaneously.  Take the original idea of
> "I understand everything except for this word" and flip it around to
> say "I don't understand this word only."
>
> {mu'Heyvam neH vIyajbe'}

I like that trick.  Trying it out on a few other sentances, I find that
it is very useful.  Thanks for the tip!

-mIqIraH

Back to archive top level