tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Mar 25 20:10:11 1997

Re: KLBC: Re: qoSwij

tlhob mIqIraH:
>> Qo'neS qoSmo' vIlopqang.
>"Qo'neS" 'oH nuq?  mu'Heyvam vIyajbe'.

Sam Gyseman ([email protected]) tlhIngan pong 'oH <Qo'neS>'e'.
DaHjaj qaSlI' qoSDaj qar'a'?

>How would one say "except for," as in, "I understand everything except
>for this word?"  I'm sure there's some recasting of the sentance
>involved, but I can't figure it out!

One of my favorite tools for recasting sentences involves turning them
upside down and backwards simultaneously.  Take the original idea of
"I understand everything except for this word" and flip it around to
say "I don't understand this word only."

{mu'Heyvam neH vIyajbe'}

-- ghunchu'wI'

Back to archive top level