tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Mar 23 19:53:10 1997

Re: tlh.H. impingement on t.H.

>Date: Sat, 22 Mar 1997 08:54:41 -0800 (PST)
>From: Marian Schwartz <[email protected]>
>

>	By the way, is there anyone who can pronounce Klingon S the way it's
>described in the dictionary, instead of (as I do) just pronouncing it as English
>sh?

I do.  Before the first take came out, I pronounced it as a Sanskrit
palatal s, which is sort of between "s" and "sh" (as it's described), while
Krankor pronounced it as on the tape, as a Sanskrit retroflex "s".  After
the tape came out, of course, I learned to use the retroflex
pronunciation.

~mark

Back to archive top level