tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Mar 17 01:18:08 1997

Re: some tidbits qororvo'

Marian Schwartz wrote:
> ghItlh charghwI'
> >"-maH" the prefix is probably closer to "-ty" than to "ten" [...].
> >Would you say "I saw tys of them"?

<mon>  *_ties_ vImaS.

> Well, you might say that "ty" is a number-forming element in English
> and works the same way in Klingon.

It's not just that you might; you have to say that.  _tKD_ is very
explicit on the subject.

> But, although it's tough to put my argument into words,

That won't do.  qech Datobchugh, chaq wIlaj; Datobbe'chugh, vaj bIluj.

> I still stand by "maHpu'ma'Daq nargh SanIDpu'."

bImul 'e' yImev.  ***DIp 'oHbe'bej {-maH}'e'.***  pItlh.

--'Iwvan

--
"reH Sov yInej 'ej Dap yImuS,          <dOstI bA mardom-e dAnA nEkO-st,
 jagh val qaq law' jup QIp qaq puS"     do^sman-e dAnA beh az nAdAn dOst>

Back to archive top level