tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Mar 16 08:01:10 1997

Re: KLBC - HIqImqu'

ghItlh Gerald Borleis
>I am most interested in the Klingon era equivalent to Earth years 1935-1945.
(This last sentence was not translated because I could not find a way to
express *equivalnet*.  Suggestions wanted.)<

Sorry I don't have a suggestion for you, but this is a good opportunity to bring
up a grammatical form that there absolutely isn't in Klingon -- stuff like "the
officer is as strong as an ox."  In that particular case, you might say "*ox*
HoS ghaj yaS" or "the officer has the power of an ox," but you can't always do
that, because there isn't always a conversion from adjective to noun.  A pity,
isn't it?  --qoror

Back to archive top level