tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Mar 13 21:57:47 1997

RE: KLBC : An Etiquette Question

On Thursday, March 13, 1997 5:33 PM, [email protected] on behalf of Stefan
(chech pIn'a') wrote:

> Is it OK if I translate other peoples messages from tlhIngan Hol into
> English and post my results for correction?

It'd be much, much better if you wrote in Klingon yourself.  Translating is
good, of course, but the best practice one can get is by simply *talking*.
Visit the MUSH.  Hold a KLBC conversation.  Talk about anything you like, in
Klingon.  The more you talk, the better and quicker you'll learn the language.

If you have a question about a particular line someone said in Klingon, go
ahead and quote and translate it.  But please don't just quote the whole text
and your full translation!

> Better ask first than be flamed latter..

meQtaHbogh qachDaq Suv qoH neH.

--
SuStel
Beginners' Grammarian